European Data Interchange for Waste Notification Systems EUDIN
The EUDIN project elaborates a standardised interface for the exchange of data between European member states for electronic transposition of the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 on shipments of waste (Waste Shipment Regulation - WSR).
EUDIN constitutes an innovative IT-based system intended to simplify the, until now, fully paper-based administrative procedure to notify authorities of waste shipments within, into and out of the EU.
- The basis for the functioning of the EUDIN system is the uniform definition of data and data transfer system
- Respecting Worldwide Standard Messages of UN/CEFACT (United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business)
- Mutual confidence between legal authorities: Member states which are individually responsible for the authorization process of notifying companies in conformance with art. 26 (4) WSR
- Exchange of structured messages via a central Message Broker
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between back-office systems of competent authorities and between competent authorities
- notifiers / facility exchange information only with its national authority
- Open system (every competent authority all over Europe can take part in the EUDIN project)
- Stakeholder views have been and will be integrated to improve usability aspects